Welcome to this guide, where we are going to see how you can link your Metamask account with EtherDelta in order to use this platform with the funds in your wallet.
To do this, we will assume that you already have an account with Metmask with your recovery phrase stored in a safe place. If not, you can find here how to create your account and then follow this tutorial to set up the account created with EtherDelta.
With our metamask and the metamask extension added to our browser, we will need to do the following:
- Let’s open the browser
- Install MetaMask. Go to https://metamask.io and click on “Get Chrome Plugin”.
- Write down the recovery phrase given to you by MetaMask and keep it somewhere safe.
- Make sure you are logged in to MetaMask.
- Update EtherDelta.
- Your MetaMask account address should automatically appear in the EtherDelta account dropdown (top right). If it doesn’t, something has gone wrong. If you have another Ethereum plugin running (Parity), go to Window -> Extensions and disable it.
- Select your MetaMask account from the account dropdown (top right).
If it doesn’t work, you can click on account, import account. Here, we must indicate the address of our metamask wallet and the private key. To find out your private ket, click on the 3 dots at the top right, account details. You will see an option to export private key. Click there, and enter your password to download the private key. Note that this key gives access to your metamask wallet, so do not share it with anyone.
Enter your address and private key if you are sure it is the official site and that your funds will not be stolen. Try a non-funded account first for security. And if you have done the steps correctly, you will already have your metamask account imported into EtherDelta.
Make sure that the website is secure, because by placing the private key you are giving access to your wallet to the person who has that private key.
I hope this has helped you to understand how EtherDelta works with Metamask. Remember, if you don’t have an account with Binance, you can create one just below.